Responsible Democrats! Get involved and help insure honest, fair elections by signing up to be a poll worker. Click here to Apply to be a Poll Worker.
Kootenai County conducts four Elections each year, and Poll Workers play a vital role in the Elections Process. On Election Day, you will be working with voters: helping them register to vote, checking their identification, handing out ballots and monitoring the ballot box.
You will also be responsible for accurately keeping track of who has voted and for the safe transfer of voted ballots to the Elections Office. Other duties include:
- Setting up and closing polling places
- Ensuring each vote is private
- Maintaining a neutral and unbiased polling place environment
- Contacting the Elections Office with any questions prior to or on Election Day
Poll workers attend one to two training sessions prior to election day. Elections can be held in March, May, August, and November.
- Poll Workers earn $150 for training and working a full day at the polls on Election Day.
- If you only attend training, and do not work on Election Day, you will be paid $7.25 an hour for your hours of training.
Must be able to work at least a 14-hour day (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.) on Election days in March, May, August, and November. Polls normally open at 8:00 a.m. Workers will need to show up at least 30 minutes before the polls open.
- Students that are sixteen or older can also sign up to be poll workers!