This Friday, January 17, the Democratic Club examines the impact of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use. To tackle this difficult topic, we invited Sue Crowley. Sue is a psychiatric nurse. Her experience includes teaching mental health related courses at North Idaho College. In addition to her experience, she is familiar with the resources and practitioners working in the field in our area. Through her brief overview, Sue hopes to create a common perspective about this important topic including:
- Identifying relevant facts, statistics and negative implications of mental illness
- Reflecting on Idaho’s unique challenges in addressing mental wellness.
- Defining the psychological concepts.
- Describing Mental Health First Aid training: goals, purpose, curriculum, structure.
- Exploring audience questions and concerns including topics for future discussion.