THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN-HELPING US
SPECIAL DEM CLUB | WEDNESDAY | APRIL 21 | 7 PM | ONLINE
Join the Dem Club for a presentation about the American Rescue Plan by the Idaho Center for Fiscal Policy. The American Rescue Plan is the omnibus legislation recently passed by the US Congress to address the economic impact of the COVID Crisis. This multi-faceted bill delivers immediate and direct relief to families and workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis through no fault of their own. This law is one of the most progressive pieces of legislation in history. Moreover, it builds a bridge to an equitable economic recovery. It is also the most comprehensive relief plan since the New Deal. Join our Zoom meeting and learn how this legislation and the Democratic Party are making all our lives better. he link to join will be sent out early next week. If you do not receive it request the link Go To: firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Rescue Plan Will Deliver Immediate Economic Relief to Families
- Economic Impact Payments deliver $242 billion of much-needed relief to millions of Americans and their families.
- Child Tax Credits reduces child poverty by supplementing the earnings of families receiving the credit.
- State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund gives $350 billion dollars for state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to remedy mismatches between rising costs and falling revenues.
- Capital Projects Fund offers $10 billion for states, territories, and Tribes to cover the costs of capital projects like broadband infrastructure.
- Homeowner Assistance Fund providing $10 billion for states, territories, and Tribes to provide relief for our country’s most vulnerable homeowners.
- Emergency Rental Assistance providing $21.6 billion for states, territories, and local governments to assist households that are unable to pay rent and utilities due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- State Small Business Credit Initiative providing $10 billion to state and Tribal governments to fund small business credit expansion initiatives.
- Employee Retention Credit and Paid Leave Credit Programs extends the availability of the Employee Retention Credit for small businesses through December 2021 and allows businesses to offset their current payroll tax liabilities by up to $7,000 per employee per quarter.
- Unemployment Compensation extends traditional benefits unemployed workers receive through their state unemployment insurance fund.
View the Idaho Center for Fiscal Policy website at: