We urge you to sign up to represent and support your favorite candidate for President of the United States. State convention delegates and other party officials help to write the Idaho Democratic Platform. In addition, they elect delegates to participate in the Democratic National Presidential Nominating Convention.
In light of the unprecedented health crisis facing our country, the Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) announced (on April 2, 2020) that the 2020 Democratic National Convention will now be held the week of August 17 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, providing convention planners more time to determine the most appropriate structure for this historic event.
The important part to understand is that our county will only require a virtual caucus if we have more delegate candidates than spots available. We will know if our county requires a caucus on April 12th. If our county reaches the requisite number of delegates, or fewer, the Idaho Democratic Party Chair will certify candidates automatically. If we have more than the required number sign up, we will hold an on-line caucus.
The state party will notify the county party, delegate candidates, and the public that will need to hold online county caucuses by April 12th, 10:00 am MT.
For counties holding online delegate selection caucuses:
- April 18th, 2:00 pm MT: Online county caucuses via Zoom
- Democrats in counties that will hold online county caucuses will have the opportunity to register as a participant in the online caucus through April 17th at 5:00 pm MT.
- Candidates are given the opportunity to submit a letter or statement to be available to participants to review prior to the caucus.
- Candidates are given 1 minutes to speak on the Zoom call to speak to the participants.
- Participants are given a ballot using a secure Google Forms to vote for their preferred candidates (participants will vote for the number of candidates as there are spots available).
- The online event will be managed and run by the County Chair and/or state party staff.