The mission of the Civic Engagement Alliance is to generate grassroots community engagement for the common good. Through collaboration and partnership, they will organize nonpartisan, mission-driven campaigns to improve civic life. Learn more about the CEA.
So why support the Civic Engagement Alliance? In these highly divisive and troubling times, the CEA serves to empower through positive and unifying actions. They choose to build bridges and listen while seeking partnerships. By joining with organizations and individuals, the Civic Engagement Alliance hopes to strengthen and elevate shared causes. They recognize the reasons why so many choose not to civically engage. Furthermore, they intend to provide the tools, education and inspiration needed to bring people together and embolden new voices.
Here is what they hope to achieve with your help.
- Collection of 1500+ diverse Civic Engagement Survey responses to give insight to the larger community on what people care about locally.
- Increased efforts for voter registration and vote by mail.
- Creation of a nonprofit directory to help recruit and match volunteers to meaningful work in our community.
- To lead the effort in creating an accessible and visual voter guide with partners for November 2020 or for other upcoming local elections.
- To bring the Civic Action Festival back to the community in 2020.
Come on down, make new connections, bust a groove, eat fun appetizers and discuss how together, we can build a stronger community.